Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Prep time includes cook time.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped hazelnuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sifted confectioners' sugar
- ---ForCookie Crust---.
- Beat flour, 3/4 cups of softened butter, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in hazelnuts.
- Press into bottom of ungreased 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 15-18 minutes or until firm.
- ---ForChocolate Layer---.
- Melt chocolate chips, 1/4 cup of butter that you cut into pieces in a medium saucepan over lowest heat, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Remove from heat; stir in brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Pour over hot crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
- Cut into 30 bars.
I never thought chocolate and cinnamon went together very well, but its seems to work in this recipe. It was a little dry but very tasty.