Recipe by BLUE ROSE
Looking for a new Gelato recipe my family would like I came across this one. Can't wait to try.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups whole milk, divided
- 5 ounces chocolate, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1⁄3 cup crushed Heath candy bar
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt in heavy medium saucepan until blended.
- Gradually add 1/4 cup milk, whisking until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Whisk in remaining 1 3/4 cups milk. Whisk over medium-high heat until mixture thickens and comes to boil, about 6 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook 1 minute longer, whisking occasionally.
- Remove from heat; add chocolate. Let stand 1 minute, then whisk until melted and smooth.
- Transfer gelato base to medium bowl. Mix in cream. Place bowl over large bowl filled with ice and water and cool, stirring often, about 30 minutes.
- Process gelato base in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions, adding toffee during last minute of churning. Transfer to container; cover. Freeze at least 3 hours and up to 2 days.