Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is from a magazine clipping years ago. I've made it many times and was so happy to find it again in my stash of recipes that I'm posting it here for safekeeping.
- 1 1⁄3 cups biscuit mix
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons soft butter
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
Chocolate Cinnamon Sauce
- 1 cup chocolate syrup, mixed with
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350.
- Spray 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl combine biscuit mix, sugar, cocoa,cinnamon, butter,egg,and 1/4 cup of the milk.
- Beat one minute at medium speed in mixer, scraping sides and bottom of bowl frequently, or beat vigorously by hand.
- Add remaining milk; beat 1/2 minute.
- Pour batter in prepared pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cut cake into serving pieces.
- Serve warm or cold topped with ice cream and Chocolate Cinnamon Sauce.