Prep 7 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a variation on a recipe posted by startnover. Using Duncan Hines Deluxe Moist Dark Chocolate Fudge cake mix gives you incredibly moist, chewy cookies. I've made them twice now and I'm amazed at how many medium-sized cookies I can get out of a box of cake mix. (36+)
- 18 1⁄4 ounces fudge cake mix (1 package Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe)
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 1 cup cinnamon-sugar mixture (I used Splenda)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Set aside the cinnamon-sugar mixture in a bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, stir in first 6 ingredients. Stir until all dry ingredients are well moistened.
- Add chips and stir until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Use a table spoon to scoop ping pong-size balls and dip each ball in the cinnamon & sugar mixture.
- Drop onto greased cookie sheet, dusted side up.
- Bake for 12 minutes for chewy cookies and 14 for crisp.
- Store in airtight container.