Recipe by *Parsley*
Brownies with a layer of cinnamon, nuts and sugar in the middle!
Top Review by Slocan cook
I tried this recipe for the first time tonight and made it according to the directions that were given clearly but not including everything that was on the ingredient list. I could not see where the extra 2 tablespoons of butter and the 2 tablespoons of cocoa that were mentioned on the list but not included in the directions on the page. The final result came out just fine so I am happy with the results and gave it an excellent rating that puts it right up there with all other brownie recipes that I have tried.
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, softened PLUS
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 236.59 ml white sugar
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 177.44 ml flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 59.14 ml unsweetened cocoa, PLUS
- 29.58 ml cocoa
- 118.29 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- 14.79 ml ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease/spray an 8" square baking pan.
- Beat butter and white sugar and vanilla until creamy; add eggs, one at a time beating well after each.
- In a seperate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa; stir well. Add this flour mixture into the creamed mixture and beat well.
- Spoon half of this batter into the prepared 8" square pan, spreading evenly.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, nuts and cinnamon. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the 1/2 brownie batter in pan.
- Spoon/dallop remaining brownie batter over top; spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick poked in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack,.