Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got the recipe from Spark People.
- 5 slices whole wheat bread or 5 slices white bread, torn into small pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 12 ounces evaporated skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups non-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil an 8-inch square baking dish. Spread the bread in the dish in an even layer.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Add the evaporated skim milk, brown sugar, cocoa, vanilla, and cinnamon. Whisk until the sugar and cocoa dissolve.
- Pour the cocoa mixture over the bread. With a fork, mix in any unsoaked bread pieces.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until puffed and set in the center. Serve warm, with a scoop of the frozen yogurt on top.