Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
I was afraid to make bread pudding at first. This was my first attempted recipe. Turned out great... now I welcome the chance to make bread pudding. If you've never made one, try this and you'll feel like and expert in no time. The heavenly scent of cinnamon and chocolate will wow your taste buds.
- 12 slices pepperidge farm cinnamon-swirl bread, any variety, cut into cubes (about 6 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet chocolate piece
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sweetened whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- PLACE bread cubes in greased 2-qt. shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle chocolate pieces over bread cubes.
- Mix milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Pour over bread cubes.
- BAKE at 350°F for 40 minute or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.