Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Entered for safe-keeping, from "The Best Bread Machine Cookbook Ever: Ethnic Breads" by Madge Rosenberg. This is a light bread, good for breakfast or tea. The chocolate is more a scent rather than making the bread sweet. Try it with a peanut butter sandwich, or coat it with bitter-orange marmalade.
- 1 1⁄4 cups hot brewed coffee
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 2⁄3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Pour the hot coffee into a small bowl. Add the cocoa and stir until dissolved and smooth. Let cool to room temperature.
- Add all ingredients in the order recommended by your ABM manufacturer, and process on the bread cycle directed in the ABM manual.