1/1 Photo of Chocolate Cinnamon Bread
1 hr 20 mins
From world-famous chef Marcus Samuelsson for Starbucks. DELICIOUS blend of flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 354.88 ml unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 709.77 ml granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 295.73 ml Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 14.79 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml buttermilk
- 59.14 ml water
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
Cocoa-Spice Sugar Crust
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Grease two 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans and line bottom of pans with parchment paper.
- 2Chocolate Batter: in bowl of electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar with paddle attachment on medium speed, until light and creamy about 5 minutes.
- 3Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating until each egg is completely incorporated before adding the next and scraping down sides of bowl several times.
- 4Meanwhile, in medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- 5In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, water and vanilla.
- 6With mixer on low speed, alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk mixture to butter, beginning and ending with flour and beating just until blended.
- 7Divide batter between the two pans, shake pans to even tops and set aside.
- 8Cocoa Spice Sugar Crust: in another small bowl, whisk together sugar, cinnamon, cocoa, ginger and cloves.
- 9Sprinkle surfaces of both batters with decorating sugar.
- 10Sprinkle with cocoa sugar mixture, dividing evenly.
- 11Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- 12Let cool completely, run thin knife around sides to release breads and remove from pans.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cinnamon Bread
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.0
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 104.4 mg
- Sodium 239.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 44.6 g
- Protein 5.6 g