Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I LOVE cinnamon, so I will try any recipe with that as an ingredient. I especially love when it is used with an uncommon ingredient so the taste is unexpected. That's definitely the case with these, absolutely delicious and lower in fat and calories!
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup light butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup light butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1⁄4 cups light brown sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- powdered sugar (optional)
- For Cookie Crust: Beat flour, butter, sugar, and cinnamon until crumbly. Press into bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 15-18 minutes.
- For Chocolate Layer: Melt chips and butter in saucepan over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar, egg whites, and vanilla. Pour over hot crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes. Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar (if you'd like). Cut into bars.