Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
this is an adopted recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 egg, separated
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add butter, shortening, egg, and egg yolk, mixing well. Press evenly into a lightly
- greased 15x10x1-inch jellyroll pan.
- Beat egg white slightly, and brush over mixture.
- Combine remaining ingredients; sprinkle over bottom layer.
- Bake at 350~ for 25 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.