Recipe by Dragonfly AZ
Another reciped from the Cake Mix Doctor. This one combines layer upon layer of flavor and is so moist, it almost doesn't need a frosting, but it takstes great with either chocolate cream cheese frosting, or a caramel frosting. Tastes best if allowed to sit overnight, but it is amazing right away.
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix (without pudding)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 2 9 inch round cake pans.
- Place bananas into mixing bowl. Beat with mixer on low speed for about 45 seconds, or until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat on low speed for about 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly.
- Increase mixer speed to medium, and beat for about 2 minutes more, or until smooth and thick.
- Pour batter into pans, smooth with a spatula and bake for 28-32 minutes, or until they test done.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely.
- Assemble into layers using your choice of frosting.