Prep 15 mins
Cook 14 mins
My Dad, the utlimate chocolate junkie, absolutely loves these. Few actually make it to the racks for cooling when he's around!
- 1⁄2 lb bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Ghiradelli)
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Melt chocolate and butter, and let cool slightly.
- In a bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- In large mixer bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla until pale yellow and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes with mixer on medium.
- Turn mixer to low, beat in cooled chocolate mixture, then flour mixture until blended.
- Stir in chips.
- Drop cookies onto nonstick baking sheet, about 2 leveled tablespoons per cookie, about 2-inches apart.
- Bake 14 minutes or until tops are slightly cracked, centers will still be soft.
These were the absolute best chocolate cookies Ive ever had in my entire life. I must tell you that I ate so many of these... I probably gained 5 pounds on these cookies alone over the holidays! haha. Thanks so much for this recipe.. I will be making it year after year!