Recipe by s'kat
My Dad, the utlimate chocolate junkie, absolutely loves these. Few actually make it to the racks for cooling when he's around!
Top Review by love4culinary
These were the absolute best chocolate cookies Ive ever had in my entire life. I must tell you that I ate so many of these... I probably gained 5 pounds on these cookies alone over the holidays! haha. Thanks so much for this recipe.. I will be making it year after year!
- 1⁄2 lb bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Ghiradelli)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Melt chocolate and butter, and let cool slightly.
- In a bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- In large mixer bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla until pale yellow and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes with mixer on medium.
- Turn mixer to low, beat in cooled chocolate mixture, then flour mixture until blended.
- Stir in chips.
- Drop cookies onto nonstick baking sheet, about 2 leveled tablespoons per cookie, about 2-inches apart.
- Bake 14 minutes or until tops are slightly cracked, centers will still be soft.