Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe is from the Holden House 1902 Bed and Breakfast Inn, in Colorado Springs, Colorado. See NOTE!
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chunks
- 5 ounces hershey vanilla chips
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375-400 degrees.
- Soften brown sugar and butter in microwave for 1 minute on high.
- Cool the mixture.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Add flour and baking soda to sugar/egg mixture.
- When well mixed, add chocolate chunks, vanilla chips, and walnuts.
- Place by well rounded teaspoonfuls on ungreased insulated cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly brown on top.
- NOTE: As the reviewer discovered, it is important to cool the butter/sugar mixture prior to adding the eggs. I have added that in the instruction and I thank her for her input. : ).
They're kind of fluffy cookies and I thought they needed more sugar. I only used an 8oz bag of whit chocolate chips so perhaps all the other chocolate makes a big difference.
OMG! Heavenly! Loved them!
Its 4:00 in the morning so I decided to make some cookies and found this on your site. The only change I made was to add 1 heaped cup of chopped macadamia nuts instead of walnuts. Will make again and the house smells delicious.