Recipe by dojemi
This recipe is from the Holden House 1902 Bed and Breakfast Inn, in Colorado Springs, Colorado. See NOTE!
Top Review by Elle Anderson
They're kind of fluffy cookies and I thought they needed more sugar. I only used an 8oz bag of whit chocolate chips so perhaps all the other chocolate makes a big difference.
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chunks
- 5 ounces hershey vanilla chips
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375-400 degrees.
- Soften brown sugar and butter in microwave for 1 minute on high.
- Cool the mixture.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Add flour and baking soda to sugar/egg mixture.
- When well mixed, add chocolate chunks, vanilla chips, and walnuts.
- Place by well rounded teaspoonfuls on ungreased insulated cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly brown on top.
- NOTE: As the reviewer discovered, it is important to cool the butter/sugar mixture prior to adding the eggs. I have added that in the instruction and I thank her for her input. : ).