Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 3 dozen cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup toffee pieces
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (to be added by the recipient)
- 1Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- 2Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- 3Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the flour, salt, baking soda, chocolate chips, brown sugar and then toffee bits - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- 4Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- 5CHOCOLATE CHUNK TOFFEE COOKIES GIFT TAG:.
- 6Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 1/2 cup butter, softened, 1 egg and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- 7COOKIE INSTRUCTIONS:
- 8Preheat oven to 375.
- 9In a large bowl, blend the butter, egg and vanilla extract.
- 10Add the contents of the jar, and stir until well mixed.
- 11Drop the dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- 12Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are light brown in color.
- 13Allow to cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
- 14Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chunk Toffee Cookies (Gift Mix in a Jar)
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.6
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 25.3 mg
- Sodium 112.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: