Recipe by JanetB-KY
Chocolate... Raspberries... do I need to say anything other than YUM?
Top Review by whtbxrmom
We made a few slight changes when making this recipe. We used a Greek variety of raspberry yogurt and substituted buttermilk for the milk. Our package of frozen raspberries was 12 ounces, a little more than called for, but we used them all. The only other thing we did differently was leave off the nuts. They turned out wonderfully! The entire family gave them 5 stars!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries in light syrup, thawed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil
- 1 (6 ounce) container raspberry yogurt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400° F; lightly coat eighteen to twenty 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Drain raspberries; discard syrup.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; make well in the center.
- Combine eggs, milk, oil and yogurt in medium bowl; add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until moistened,batter should be lumpy; fold in raspberries and chunks.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden and a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes; remove muffins to wire rack to cool slightly; serve warm.