Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Even if you don't like pumpkin, this chocolate twist is enough to make you love pumpkin bread. So yummy! And, not so many calories, bread coming in at only 200 calories per slice, I'll eat that.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 6 baker's semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, coarsely chopped
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices until well blended; set aside.
- Beat eggs, pumpkin, sugars, milk and oil in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Stir in chopped chocolate.
- POUR into greased 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- BAKE 55 minutes to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack. Cut into 18 (1/2-inch thick) slices to serve.
Loved this recipe!! I used a whole wheat flour mixture and it worked out very nicely. Making this a second time this week because my family loved it so much!
DELICIOUS, and oh, so easy to make!!! I made two batches of this and made them in mini loaves which yielded 6 total. I baked them for about 40 minutes +/- until done and they are perfect!! They are going to a work party for my Mom tomorrow and possibly DH's work tomorrow as well! Thanks for posting a great one - It will probably be on my holiday tray this year too!
I've made this recipe on a number of occasions and it's recieved rave reviews each time. I make it with real pumpkin, not from a can and it still turns out wonderfully!