Chocolate Chunk Pistachio Muffins
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin cups with paper cups.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Set aside 1/3 cup chopped chocolate and 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios and add the remaining into the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl combine milk, butter, lemon peel, vanilla, and egg; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill each paper-lined muffin cup with 1 heaping tablespoons of batter. Spoon half a teaspoon of jam into each cup. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of batter onto of the jam. Top with reserved chocolate and pistachios.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes; remove from pan.