Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pillsbury Bake Off 1990 Sally Vog, Springfield, OR
Make and share this Chocolate Chunk Pistachio Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped and divided
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped and divided
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, slightly beated
- 1⁄3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin cups with paper cups.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Set aside 1/3 cup chopped chocolate and 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios and add the remaining into the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl combine milk, butter, lemon peel, vanilla, and egg; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill each paper-lined muffin cup with 1 heaping tablespoons of batter. Spoon half a teaspoon of jam into each cup. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of batter onto of the jam. Top with reserved chocolate and pistachios.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes; remove from pan.