Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pillsbury Bake Off 1990 Sally Vog, Springfield, OR
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped and divided
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped and divided
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, slightly beated
- 1⁄3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin cups with paper cups.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Set aside 1/3 cup chopped chocolate and 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios and add the remaining into the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl combine milk, butter, lemon peel, vanilla, and egg; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill each paper-lined muffin cup with 1 heaping tablespoons of batter. Spoon half a teaspoon of jam into each cup. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of batter onto of the jam. Top with reserved chocolate and pistachios.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes; remove from pan.