Prep 30 mins
Cook 13 mins
An updated chocolate chip cookie, perfect for the holiday season! I read the recipe in Bon Appetit originally using Hazelnuts, but I prefer any kind of nuts. These cookies are great because of their several different flavors in one!
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 4 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 1⁄2 cups nuts (any kind)
- Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit.
- Husk, toast, and chop nuts.
- Cut chocolate bars into desired size.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl: whisk to blend.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat brown sugar, butter, orange peel, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture to large bowl.
- Stir in chocolate and nuts.
- Drop tablespoons of batter onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until firm to touch, about 13 minutes.