Prep 30 mins
Cook 13 mins
An updated chocolate chip cookie, perfect for the holiday season! I read the recipe in Bon Appetit originally using Hazelnuts, but I prefer any kind of nuts. These cookies are great because of their several different flavors in one!
- Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit.
- Husk, toast, and chop nuts.
- Cut chocolate bars into desired size.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl: whisk to blend.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat brown sugar, butter, orange peel, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture to large bowl.
- Stir in chocolate and nuts.
- Drop tablespoons of batter onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until firm to touch, about 13 minutes.