Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
From Bon Appetite March 2000 - but this recipe is in my 2001 book. I usually have all the ingredients for this in the house. Yum!
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 9 ounces bars bittersweet chocolate, cut into chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups hazelnuts, toasted, husked, chopped (about 6 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 375°F Combine flour, baking soda and 1/8 teaspoon salt in medium bowl; whisk to blend.
- Using electric mixer, beat brown sugar, unsalted butter, grated orange peel and vanilla extract in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg. Add flour mixture and mix just until combined. Mix in chocolate chunks and toasted hazelnuts.
- Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls onto 2 ungreased baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies until just firm to touch and beginning to brown, about 13 minutes. Transfer to racks; cool. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.).