Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Uses a cake mix - seen on All Recipes
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 2⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix, instant pudding, and rolled oats.
- Add oil, sour cream, water, and vanilla; mix until smooth and well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls, and place 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
I made these last week at a cookie swap and they were a hit. But I did make a couple of changes. I used a yellow cake mix because I had it on hand and chocolate pudding mix because I LOVE chocolate! They were so good!!
My 12 year old daughter says these are the best cookies she's ever had. Now, I'm not sure I would go that far, but they are very good. I used coconut cream pudding mix, and also used fat free sour cream. They are very soft cookies, so don't worry too much about getting them over done. I put my first tray in for 9 minutes, then put them back in for a couple more minutes. The second tray I baked for 11 minutes. The cookies should be getting a little brown on the edges. They are so easy to whip up, I will definitely be making them again!
These are some of the best cookies I have ever tasted! They would be great with different flavors of pudding or cake, but I really liked the butterscotch! Butterscotch chip cookies are good, but having the butterscotch as the primary cookie flavor is AMAZING. I didn't change a thing. These are over-the-top! I will definitely make these again and again! Thank you!