Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
My kids love these. I try very hard to only eat one! Good Luck.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup nuts, of your choice
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Beat shortening and sugars until creamy.
- Add the eggs, milk and vanilla, beating again until creamy and smooth.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix well.
- Stir in the oats, chocolate chunks and nuts.
- Mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes.
Good cookies .. I added raisins cuz I like them .. I got about 5 dozen cookies and froze about half .. they are just as good when heated in the microwave .. thank you Di
Di's right-on the money, forget about eating one of these! I used softened butter in lieu of the crisco, walnuts, and added a 1/2 cup of cinnamon chips to accent the oat flavor. I wanted bakery style large cookies so used a 2" cookie scoup and baked them at 325 for 19 minutes.
These cookies are very good. I used 1 c. butter flavored crisco, because this is what I had in the pantry. The cooking time was off though, well for me anyway. I tried 8min and the cookies with golden but still VERY gooey in the middle, I played around with different times, and I think 10min. gave me all around the best cookie 12min was a little to long and they ended up a little to crispy for my taste. Thnx DiB's for the good cookie recipe.