Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are the ultimate muffins for all chocolate lovers. These melt in your mouth muffins won't last long. They are fantastic!
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 20 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (5 cups)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray 3 dozen muffin cups.
- Melt the bittersweet chocolate with 1 cup of the chocolate chips in the microwave about a minute to 1 ½ minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, do not overheat.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Combine milk and vanilla.
- In bowl of an electric mixer cream butter and brown sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time mixing in thoroughly.
- Add the melted chocolate.
- Alternately add the flour and the milk mixtures beginning and ending with the flour.
- Fold in remaining chocolate chips.
- Drop the batter into prepared cups with muffin scoop.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Remove from muffin tins immediately to cooling rack.
- Makes 3 dozen muffins.
Very tasty. But where's the baking powder? I added 4 tsp of baking powder, and cream cheese on top. Not to mention a few other minor changes. These are great in the jumbo size muffin pans.
All i can say is---YUMMY---------Thanks for a great tasting recipe.
The muffins were very good - their texture was almost that of a cupcake or just plain cake. I have one suggestion, though: use muffin papers. I sprayed the tins, but the tops of the muffins came off and the bottoms stayed inside. I used the papers and they were perfect!