Recipe by Janice
These are the ultimate muffins for all chocolate lovers. These melt in your mouth muffins won't last long. They are fantastic!
Top Review by JauntyJames
Very tasty. But where's the baking powder? I added 4 tsp of baking powder, and cream cheese on top. Not to mention a few other minor changes. These are great in the jumbo size muffin pans.
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 20 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (5 cups)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray 3 dozen muffin cups.
- Melt the bittersweet chocolate with 1 cup of the chocolate chips in the microwave about a minute to 1 ½ minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, do not overheat.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Combine milk and vanilla.
- In bowl of an electric mixer cream butter and brown sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time mixing in thoroughly.
- Add the melted chocolate.
- Alternately add the flour and the milk mixtures beginning and ending with the flour.
- Fold in remaining chocolate chips.
- Drop the batter into prepared cups with muffin scoop.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Remove from muffin tins immediately to cooling rack.
- Makes 3 dozen muffins.