Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Rich, chewy cookies bursting with chocolate & nuts, this is my favorite cookie to make.
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperture
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- 3⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, halved
- Preheat oven to 375*F. Do not grease baking sheets.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the sugars, shortning and butter, until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Add the flour and baking soda; mix thoroughly. Fold in chocolate chunks, and nuts. Blend well.
- Drop by large rounded tablespoons 3 inches apart on a ungreased baking sheet. Lightly press the cookiewih the bottom of a drinking glass to flatten slightly, and bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove cookies and cool on a wire rack.