Recipe by MarieRynr
This outrageously chocolaty cookie gets the thumbs up from most die-hard chocolate lovers!
Top Review by Karen=^..^=
Very delicious cookies that were a nice addition to my holiday trays. Easy to put together and bake! I never used macadamia nuts in a cookie recipe and they were unique. Note: I used rounded TABLESPOONS and got about 5 dozen cookies out of this recipe...about 8-9 minutes bake time was perfect. I can't imagine how many cookies I would have gotten if I used teaspoons as instructed :). Thanks for posting!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts, unsalted
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, soda, and salt; set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugars until smooth.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Add the chocolate, milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat well.
- Stir in chocolate chunks, nuts and coconut.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets, leaving several inches between for expansion.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on the sheets for 1 minute then remove to a rack to cool completely.