Recipe by Nikki Kate
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis. When I watched her make these on her show I just had to try them! Warning: Watch these cookies carefully, they burn very easily!!
Top Review by buzzonesbirdie
I got these from her cookbook and was going to post them myself when i saw them here. I had no problems making them nor were they even close to burning. The only problems that i had was that i ran out of pine nuts and had to go get more. I had 20 people in my house and ended up making 5 batches of these cookies. They have become my fav and i dont even like chocolate chip cookies. If i could have they would have gotton 20 stars!!!
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
- 78.07 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 0.25 ml salt
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml toasted pine nuts, chopped
- 118.29 ml semisweet chocolate chunks or 118.29 ml chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325º F.
- Combine the butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat the mixture until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the flour, pine nuts, and chocolate. Stir until just mixed.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop out 1-inch balls of dough. Place on the cookie sheet. Bake until the tops look dry, about 18 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes on the baking sheets.
- Dust with powdered sugar and transfer to a serving plate.