Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis. When I watched her make these on her show I just had to try them! Warning: Watch these cookies carefully, they burn very easily!!
- Preheat the oven to 325º F.
- Combine the butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat the mixture until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the flour, pine nuts, and chocolate. Stir until just mixed.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop out 1-inch balls of dough. Place on the cookie sheet. Bake until the tops look dry, about 18 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes on the baking sheets.
- Dust with powdered sugar and transfer to a serving plate.