Recipe by Cat^..^atude
These truly chocolate cookies are scrumptious. Made entirely in one bowl and using the microwave for ease and speed. I found this recipe in our local grocery flyer. The batter is very runny and I was sceptical to say the least, but the results are amazing. Watch closely as I did burn my first batch!!!
Top Review by HokiesMom
The final product with some adjustments turned out perfectly but as written would not have worked. There seems a huge need for more flour. As written the recipe batter is very runny - almost like a brownie/cake batter and would never have held shape. I added an additional cup plus a bit more to get this to set up enough to make a drop cookie. Due to adding more flour I also added an additional 1/4 tsp baking powder so I did not affect how the cookies would rise. After these adjustments the cookies turned out fine baking for 10 minutes (use parchment paper). I received 48 cookies. The taste is nicely chocolately and the pecans really add a nice touch. Overall an easy recipe but the measurements really need to be looked at again. Thanks! Made for Bargain Basement tag game in the Cooking Games with Friends forum.
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate chunk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Partially melt chocolate chunks in a large microwave bowl for 3 to 4 minutes on high power.
- Add butter, brown sugar, eggs, flour and baking powder, mixing well.
- Add chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop by heaping spoonful onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 12 to 13 minutes.