Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a chewy, cakey-type cookie, rather than a thin crisp one. .
Make and share this Chocolate Chunk Cookies (Low Fat/Low Calorie) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup Smart Balance light butter spread
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chunks
- Combine sugars, butter, eggs whites, and vanilla til creamy.
- Combine the flours, oats, soda, and salt and add to butter mixture.
- Stir just until moistened -- do not overmix.
- Stir in chocolate pieces.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart on baking sheets that have been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Remove cookies to racks to cool.
Good cookies. Raised up nice and thick, do not spread out as they bake. I used only white flour and splenda brown sugar. Used 5 oz of choc chips and that was plenty. Will add to my cookbook and bake again. Thanks.