Recipe by smelly0610
This a a version I came up with after seeing a recipe from "wife2abadge" # 154737
Top Review by miarocks
I was disappointed somewhat by this recipe-- expected it to taste more like a traditional chocolate chip cookie. The texture is kind of dry and cakelike, more like a muffin than a cookie. They seem to have an aftertaste from the Splenda. I added a small container (1/2 cup?) of applesauce to the dough before baking as it seemed to need more moisture (I am a cookie baker from way back). I also used 1/4 cup of Egg Beaters in place of the egg whites. The cookies do not spread (flatten) or brown, so keep that in mind when forming them. You may want to try spraying them lightly with cooking spray just before baking if you like yours browned. My batch yielded about 24 2-inch dome-shaped cookies. Not so sure I would make these again, just not my taste.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup Smart Balance light butter spread, melted
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugars, butter, eggs whites, and vanilla til creamy.
- Combine the flours, soda, and salt and add to butter mixture.
- Stir just until moistened
- Stir in chocolate
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart on baking sheets that have been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Remove cookies to racks to cool.