Recipe by Sherri35
With big chunks of chocolate in each bite, these cookies are excellent.
Top Review by Chef Dudo
These cookies are great. Dropped them by heaping tablespoons and got 20 cookies. They do spread, be sure to leave enough room between the cookies. On the edges they were crispy and they did retain some chewiness in the middle. I omitted the walnuts but will try with walnuts next time. Thanks for posting.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) package semisweet chocolate bars, cut into large 1/2-inch, chunks
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour with baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Beat butter, sugars, vanilla and egg until fluffy.
- Blend in flour mixture.
- Stir in choco chunks and nuts.
- Chill dough AT LEAST 1 hour.
- Drop dough, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.