Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 mins
These are the perfect chocolate chip cookie with bigger chips.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chunks and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes at 375 degrees.
I love this recipe because it's basic and fast. The first time I made it with walnuts and the full amount of chocolate. the second time, I cut the amount of chocolate down a bit because I don't have a sweet tooth, and I substituted walnuts with hazelnuts. A great recipe - very versatile.