Recipe by PeachyKeen
This recipe was given to me by my mother and I've always liked these cookies. Enjoy!
Top Review by Gothamunchis
I am sorry I had to rate this kind of low, but I followed the recipe exactly, and the batter came out really thin. My 1st batch of cookies thinned way out, and didn't come out at all. I had to add more flour to the dough, I don't know how much exactly, I just kept adding until it was the consistency I thought it should be. My next batch came out good. The cookies were a little thinner than what I am used to but still good.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light-brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Combine butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer set at medium speed until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating continually. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Drop batter by tsp.'s onto baking sheets.
- Bake until lightly browned (8-10 mins).
- Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.