Recipe by Kitchen Kid
Chewy and chunky! My favorite dessert.
Top Review by LonghornMama
We loved these bars! Quick to fix lunchbox treats that store well in a covered container. Just the right balance of chocolate in a buttery brown sugar base. Will definitely make these again. Thanks for sharing the reciep!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks (chocolate bar broken into small pieces, If you choose to use chocolate chips, use 2 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream butter and brown sugar together.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Sift in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add chocolate chips; mix well.
- Refrigerate dough 15 minutes. Do not skip this step!
- Spread into 13x9 greased baking pan evenly. (should be about 1/2 - 3/4 inch thick).
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool at least 15 minutes before cutting into squares.