Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
I got this recipe from cookbook that I rented from the library over 3 years ago... I really wish I had written down that cookbook's title because it had some awesome recipes, in fact I have some more recipe to save on the zaar from that exact same book. Hope you enjoy.
- 96.13 ml salted butter
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 311.84 g bittersweet chocolate
- 10.25 ml vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 177.44 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 118.29 ml nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coarsely chop 7 oz of the chocolate. In a large sauce pan over medium heat combine butter, sugar and 2 tablespoons of water until butter is melted and sugar dissolved; remove from heat and stir in the 7 oz of chocolate until melted. Let the chocolate mixture cool and stir in vanilla and egg mixing well.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly stir the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture until well combined.
- Chop the remaining 4 oz chocolate into 1/4-inch chunks. Stir in the chocolate chunks and nuts into the rest of the batter. Pour batter into a 9x9 square baking dish and bake for 22-27 minutes.
I really enjoyed these brownies! They were super moist and chocolate-y! I still have some leftover, but it tasted better when coming straight out of the oven and still on the warm side.
I needed a recipe that used bittersweet chocolate and this one caught my eye since it looked so simple...and it was! I used Ghirardelli extra bittersweet chocolate and 1/4 tsp salt (recipe didn't say) and my family LOVED 'EM!!! They were sooo gooey and chocolaty....mmmmm! Thanks so much dear.