Prep 20 mins
Cook 22 mins
An easy cake mix recipe made in a 9 x 13 pan. Something different from the ordinary brownie.
- 538.64 g box French vanilla cake mix (Pillsbury makes one)
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 3 large egg whites
- 29.58 ml milk
- 236.59 ml semisweet chocolate chunk
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease bottom only of a 9 x 13 pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- Mix cake mix, buter and egg whites and milk in a large bowl with a spoon. Stir in chocolate chunks. Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Cut and serve.
- Makes about 24 bars. (6 x 4 rows).
I was looking for an easy dessert to make and these bars fit the bill. My husband inhaled these and already wants me to make more. I used semi-sweet chocolate chunks this time, but next time I'm going to use toffee bits. I will always keep a box of vanilla cake mix on hand from now on. Thanks for posting!
Made these over the weekend for our Superbowl party and they were a touchdown (I needed to make that pun!) Everyone commented on how it tasted almost like poundcake; very delicious and moist. I'm making more for my nephews this weekend. Thanks for this great recipe.
I needed something sweet for my teenage sons friends over for dinner, they loved it! I was lucky to get a taste of it, this one is going in my keeper receipe file. Thanks!