Recipe by Queen Dragon Mom
Chocolate Chunk and Walnut Brownies
Top Review by miltt
Being a chocoholic like I am, I always seem to gravitate toward brownies and these looked so good I had to make em! They were very chocolately and we enjoyed every single one of them too! It satisfied my chocolate craving for a few days!
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 14 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut in small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 large eggs, chilled, divided
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 9 ounces swiss dark chocolate, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 13 by 9-1/2 inch baking pan with two layers of aluminum foil, allowing an overhang on each end. Grease the foil with butter.
- Stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Place the chopped semi-sweet chocolate in a larger bowl.
- In a saucepan, heat the granulated sugar, unsalted butter, corn syrup and water until the butter melts and the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove the pan from the heat once it reaches a boil.
- Pour the hot syrup over the semi-sweet chocolate, allowing it to stand momentarily. Stir until smooth.
- Whisk the eggs in one at a time.
- Whisk in the vanilla and the flour mixture until smooth.
- Fold in the walnuts and the chopped Swiss chocolate.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool the brownies in the pan on a wire rack for at least 6 hours.
- Carefully invert the brownies onto a large cutting board or platter and peel off the foil.
- Invert the brownies again and cut into 24 squares.