7 hrs 50 mins
6 hrs 50 mins
Queen Dragon Mom's Note:
Chocolate Chunk and Walnut Brownies
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 14 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut in small pieces
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 large eggs, chilled, divided
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 9 ounces swiss dark chocolate, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Line a 13 by 9-1/2 inch baking pan with two layers of aluminum foil, allowing an overhang on each end. Grease the foil with butter.
- 3Stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- 4Place the chopped semi-sweet chocolate in a larger bowl.
- 5In a saucepan, heat the granulated sugar, unsalted butter, corn syrup and water until the butter melts and the sugar is dissolved.
- 6Remove the pan from the heat once it reaches a boil.
- 7Pour the hot syrup over the semi-sweet chocolate, allowing it to stand momentarily. Stir until smooth.
- 8Whisk the eggs in one at a time.
- 9Whisk in the vanilla and the flour mixture until smooth.
- 10Fold in the walnuts and the chopped Swiss chocolate.
- 11Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- 12Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- 13Cool the brownies in the pan on a wire rack for at least 6 hours.
- 14Carefully invert the brownies onto a large cutting board or platter and peel off the foil.
- 15Invert the brownies again and cut into 24 squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chunk and Walnut Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.2
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 34.7 mg
- Sodium 41.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
swiss dark chocolate