Prep 20 mins
Cook 13 mins
I got a craving for something chocolate! So I looked around and found these decadent cookies punctuated by bursts of tart cherry sweetness. These will impress your loved ones and anybody else who tries them! Adapted from Country Living magazine.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried tart cherries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet pans with parchment paper and set aside(Sometimes I skip this step and just spray the pan well with cooking spray). Combine flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl until light and fluffy, using a mixer set on medium-high speed. Beat in eggs one at a time and add vanilla.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually add flour mixture until combined. Stir in chopped chocolate and cherries (for blond Milk Chocolate and Cherry Cookies, omit cocoa, add an additional cup flour, and replace bittersweet chocolate with milk chocolate).
- Shape 2 tablespoons dough into rough balls and place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake 11 - 13 minutes. Cool cookies on pan 2 minutes. Move to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Great combo of flavors, but then I'm a chocoholic who loves cherries, so I'm hooked! Loved your cookies & will be making them again just for us, 'cause once the kids in the park got wind of 'em, they were gone in no time! Easy to make & a delight to eat! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]