Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
No description necessary.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 8 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped coarse
- 22 caramel candies, such as kraft,cut into quarters
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl with an electric mixer cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, and beat in flour mixture.
- Stir chocolate, caramels, and pecans into dough and drop rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto baking sheets.
- Bake cookies in batches in middle of oven 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool cookies on baking sheets on racks until firm.
- Cookies keep in airtight containers 5 days.
These were very good, but not spectacular. The caramel really stuck (with or without wax paper) and was quite chewy the first night. They were easier to eat the next day and held up well for the week they lasted. We enjoyed them, but ultimately didn't find the caramel to be much of an enhancement, though we are caramel lovers.