Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
If you're a chocoholic, you'll love this cookie!
- 6 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 2 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a heavy saucepan; cook, stirring often, over low heat until chocolate melts. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Beat eggs and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; add chocolate mixture, beating well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to chocolate mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in chocolate morsels, pecans and walnuts.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls 2-inches apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 12 to 15 minutes or until done. Cool cookies on baking sheet 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool.
My Mother makes these cookies as part of her holiday (Christmas) cookie binge. These are one of my favs. Crispy and soooo chocolatey. I just got a copy of this recipe from her and was about to post it except you already did. Happy baking ya'll!!