Recipe by Lvs2Cook
If you're a chocoholic, you'll love this cookie!
Top Review by Mark Kovach
My Mother makes these cookies as part of her holiday (Christmas) cookie binge. These are one of my favs. Crispy and soooo chocolatey. I just got a copy of this recipe from her and was about to post it except you already did. Happy baking ya'll!!
- 6 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 2 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a heavy saucepan; cook, stirring often, over low heat until chocolate melts. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Beat eggs and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; add chocolate mixture, beating well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to chocolate mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in chocolate morsels, pecans and walnuts.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls 2-inches apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 12 to 15 minutes or until done. Cool cookies on baking sheet 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool.