My mom taught my little brother and me how to make these little mice. They are so fun! I'm guessing about the quantities and yield.
- 1 lb cherries, with stems
- 1 lb Hershey chocolate kiss
- semi-sweet chocolate chips, for melting
- sliced almonds
- icing (optional) or red-hot candies (optional)
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler and dip a cherriy into the chocolate, holding by the stem ("tail").
- Set cherry on its side on waxed paper. This is the mouse's body and tail.
- While chocolate it still gooey, "glue" on a hershey's kiss to the mouse's body, with the bottom of the kiss touching the cherry and the pointy part pointing out, the opposite direction that the tail is pointing.
- Add sliced almonds in the seam for ears.
- Decorate with icing or red hots for eyes and nose.
- Repeat with the rest of the cherries, etc.