Recipe by Sayster
My mom taught my little brother and me how to make these little mice. They are so fun! I'm guessing about the quantities and yield.
Top Review by Caretta
Great recipe! I made these last year and gave them to my students and they loved them! I placed each mouse on half of a double stuffed oreo while assembling so he looks like he's on snow. Then i placed each one in a white muffin paper, wrapped in seran and tied the top with ribbon. These are really cute and if you do them in assembly style they go fairly quickly. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb cherries, with stems
- 1 lb Hershey chocolate kiss
- semi-sweet chocolate chips, for melting
- sliced almonds
- icing (optional) or red-hot candies (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler and dip a cherriy into the chocolate, holding by the stem ("tail").
- Set cherry on its side on waxed paper. This is the mouse's body and tail.
- While chocolate it still gooey, "glue" on a hershey's kiss to the mouse's body, with the bottom of the kiss touching the cherry and the pointy part pointing out, the opposite direction that the tail is pointing.
- Add sliced almonds in the seam for ears.
- Decorate with icing or red hots for eyes and nose.
- Repeat with the rest of the cherries, etc.