1/4 Photos of Chocolate Christmas Mice Cookies
Nana Lee's Note:
These use Chocolate-Covered Cherry Mice(recipe previously posted). These are easy to make and a great project to do with children. No baking required, just use Hershey's chocolate kisses, double stuffed Oreos, maraschino cherries and chocolate chips to "build" your Christmas mice!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 Oreo Double Stuff cookies
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 ounce paraffin wax, chopped (see Notes)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (see Notes)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 (3 ounce) package red decorating gel (clear)
- 1 (3 ounce) package green decorating gel (clear)
- 24 cherries
- 1 (8 ounce) package , hershey's kisses
- 1Carefully twist Oreo cookies apart. Set aside the ones with the cream filling on them; save plain halves for another use. (You could make crumbs for pie crust).
- 2In microwave, melt chocolate chip, paraffin and butter; stir until smooth.
- 3Holding cherry by stem, dip in melted chocolate, then press onto the bottom of a chocolate kiss.
- 4Place cherry and kiss onto the cream filling of the cookie. Let stem extend over the edge.
- 5Make ears for your mouse by placing sliced almonds between the cherry and the kiss (before the chocolate sets).
- 6Place in refrigerator until chocolate sets.
- 7With green decorative gel, pipe holly leaves on white cream of cookie by the mouse.
- 8Pipe holly berries between the leaves with the red gel.
- 9Pipe eyes on each chocolate kiss.
- 10Store in airtight container at room temperature.
- 12I used Almond Bark instead of the chocolate chips and eliminated the need for shortening.
- 13Maraschino cherries need to have stems and be well-drained.
- 14Keep chocolate hot by putting in a bowl over a steaming pan of water.
- 15I used a teapot, took the lid off and placed my bowl over it after melting chocolate in microwave.
- 16You can use a clean eyebrow tweezer or something else to grasp the cherries by the stems to dunk in chocolate.
- 17Make extras because everyone at your party will want one to take home to show around and to use as a pattern to make their own!
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Christmas Mice Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (815 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1615.4
- Calories from Fat 979
- Total Fat 108.8 g
- Saturated Fat 45.6 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 581.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 179.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 26.0 g
- Sugars 108.9 g
- Protein 25.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red decorating gel
green decorating gel