1/6 Photos of Chocolate Christmas Log (Cookie Cake)
13 hrs 10 mins
This is a Christmas tradition in my family. We often have to make more than one and somehow ingredients tend to go missing in action. It is so easy, kids love to help (which explains the missing ingredients). To make cookie cake, double the recipe and place the cookies and cream in layers in a springform pan (topping with a layer of whipped cream). After refrigerating at least overnight, remove sides of pan and apply more whipped cream as icing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whip 1 1/2 c of cream add sugar to taste (1/4- 1/2 cup).
- 2Put a teaspoonful of sweetened whipped cream on a cookie, top with another cookie.
- 3Add another teaspoonful and another cookie.
- 5Place on one end of a flat rectanglar serving dish (or plate), with the cookies vertical.
- 6Put a teaspoonful of cream on a cookie and add it to the end.
- 7Repeat until all the cookies and cream are used in a log shape.
- 8Coat with remaining cream and cover lightly in plastic wrap.
- 9Refrigerate at least overnight.
- 10When ready to serve, whip remaining cream and sweeten.
- 11Recoat the log with the whipped cream and decorate with chocolate shavings.
- 12To serve, cut on the diagonal.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Christmas Log (Cookie Cake)
Serving Size: 1 (930 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1642.2
- Calories from Fat 1585
- Total Fat 176.1 g
- Saturated Fat 109.6 g
- Cholesterol 652.1 mg
- Sodium 180.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 9.7 g