Chocolate Chocolate Souffles
- 2 teaspoons butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 large egg whites
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup Grand Marnier
- chocolate syrup
- powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Butter 4 individual ramekins. Sprinkle each ramekin with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- In a large metal bowl, set over a pot of simmering water, melt the chocolate, whisking it occasionally. Remove the bowl from the heat.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites with 1/4 cup of the sugar until stiff and glossy. Whisk the egg yolks into the chocolate one at a time, add the Grand Marnier, and whisk in the remaining sugar.
- Fold in the egg whites and blend until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared ramekins. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake until they are puffed and somewhat firm, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve with the chocolate sauce and powdered sugar.