Recipe by Realtor by day, Chef by night
This yummy pudding is so easy to make and tastes so much better than store bought or boxed mixes. I really like knowing exactly what's in the food we eat. Give this one a try, you'll never go back to the boxed pudding again!
Top Review by Boxergurl
This was freakin amazing! It was so rich, it really reminded us of a chocolate pie filling, and I think we may try to use it as that sometime. I may have added an extra teaspoon of corn starch (I was in lala land for some reason), so mine was pretty thick, but we didn't care. I will definitely be making this again and again.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt in heavy bottom saucepan. Gradually add 1/2 of the milk, whisking until smooth. Add remaining mix, whisking to combine.
- Over medium heat, continue whisking until pudding thickens and comes to a boil, about 5 minutes. Allow to boil 1 minute longer and then remove from heat.
- Add chocolate chips and vanilla extract and whisk until chocolate melts and pudding is smooth.
- Divide between 2 dessert dishes, cover with plastic wrap touching the surface of the pudding so that it doesn't form a skin (yuck!). Cool completely- overnight is best.
- Serve with whipped cream.